Single-board computers (SBCs) have become quite popular for various reasons. There has been a consistent evolution and upgrades in their field. However, ROCK 5B stands out with a resilient design that offers high-end performance with compatibility with the latest technology.
OKdo and Radxa, the two companies, collaborated to bring us this powerhouse of a single-board computer that meets expectations for a wide range of users. Whether you’re an industrial OEM or IoT enthusiast, you will admire it. Even casual users fall in love with the boar. Let’s take a better look:
Let’s keep things simple. ROCK 5B comes with 8K Display Support, which is becoming the new norm (after FHD and 4K UHD). It easily complies with various multimedia industries like Graphic design, Video editing, and more. All this is available in a cost-efficient and energy-efficient design of an SBC. Essentially, it reduces the need for computer modifications or repairs.
Let’s have a quick look at the various features the SBC offers:
- Rock 5B offers robust performance that can easily cater to a wide range of performance requirements. From simple office work to multiple application processing, everything is effortless.
- The 8K Display Support ensures that you receive high-res graphics. It also means that you can use it to consume multimedia or work as a professional designer or content creator. All with the simplicity of an SBC.
- ROCK 5B can support AI-oriented, industrial, or even machine-learning tasks and applications. It is a high-powered SBC that doesn’t need you to customize or upgrade it to cater to various tasks and applications.
With other PCs, laptops, and motherboards, we are often tangled between various specifications. Rock makes it easier, but for your peace of mind, here’s a quick look:
- It offers 1.8 Ghz, 2.2Ghz and 2.4Ghz of processing speed with the 4 and 4 cores in the processor.
- It offers support for LPDDR4 RAM (8 GB), which supports 64-bit.
- The unique
- For storage, it relies on eMMC and MicroSD. Both are expandable as you deem fit.
- The SBC can be used with any array of operating systems like Windows, Linux, and even Android 12 or above.
- The most unique quality of the Rock 5B is its wide and universal range of connectivity options. You have:
- USB 3.0, 2.0, Type C, and other necessary host ports.
- It supports Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
- There is a camera port, display port, and other necessary connectivity options.
- You also have power buttons, RGB LED to indicate functionality and other similar essential components.
The ROCK series is able to easily enhance and expand with Computer Modules (CM). You can easily expand the connectivity without the need to worry about extra costs. Therefore, the flexibility of the Rock 5B is also one of the unique selling points that makes it stand out.